Let’s talk about mental health as an expat, shall we?
At the beginning of the May on the Move challenge, I knew I wanted to incorporate some collaborations. I’d wanted to do some for a while and this presented the perfect opportunity.
You might have already seen my interview with Simone from Life Inspiration File around the theme of Community.
This week, we’re taking a look at mental health. I sat down for a chat with Ettie Jayne from The Alignment Alchemist to talk about mental health as expats, how the pandemic affected our mental health and self-care/self-love.
Check out the full video below!
I have deliberately become very open around the topic of mental health and mental illnesses over the past few years. Unfortunately, I have seen and am currently seeing what ignoring mental illness and poor mental health can do to a person (not myself, I should say).
So it is of great personal importance that I talk openly about my own mental health.
Below you will find some links that have been helpful to me in understanding how to deal with everything that has been going on in my life. Please use these resources if you need them.
- Mental Health Europe (includes lists of helplines for young people and suicide prevention lines in every European country)
- National Association for Children of Alcoholics (UK)
- SHOUT (UK)
- iFightDepression (part of the European Alliance Against Depression)
- TelefonSeelsorge (Germany and German language only – I think)
- It’s Complicated (search for a therapist in person or online)